Make the Front Door the Focal Point of your Home
Since the front entry way is the first thing guests see as they enter your home, its appearance can make or break their first impression of what to expect inside. To ensure that you make that first impression count, it’s important to have a well-designed entry way that welcomes guests and complements your front door.
Having an appealing entry way that appears inviting to both guests and passerbys can not only impress visitors, it can also potentially increase the value of your home. According to House Logic, homes with high curb appeal command higher prices and take less time to sell. Of course, even if you don’t plan on selling your home anytime soon, creating a striking front entry way is still a great home improvement project that will surely transform the look and feel of your front door.
Enhancing your front entry way can be as simple as re-landscaping the walkway that leads up to your front door or as grand as installing a new front door altogether. Whatever your design ideas may be, here are some tips to help guide you through the process.
5 Ways to Improve your Front Entry
- Add a Splash of Color – Painting the trim around your door or the door itself can instantly transform the appearance of your entry way and draws visitor’s eyes in to truly make the front door the focal point of your home.
- Keep Walkways Clean and Clear – Creating and maintaining a clear path to the front door is an easy way to make guests feel welcomed before they even reach the door itself.
- Open the Area Around the Doorway – By creating an open area around the door you can create the illusion of more space. This can be done in several ways, but the most popular by far is through the installation of floor length windows.
- Install Proper Lighting – No one likes walking up to a dark or dimly lit home. Guide guests to the front door with lighting around the walk way and a welcoming porch light to make them feel comfortable as they approach the front door.
- Upgrade your Landscaping – Styling the front entry way with decorative landscape or potted flowers is an easy and cost-effective way to quickly spruce up the area. Go bold with eye-catching colors and exquisite pots to really make a strong impression.
Door Replacement in Palm Desert
If you’re looking to transform your entry way completely with a new front door, then you’ve come to the right place. The Palm Desert door and window professionals at California Window & Door can help you choose the best door for your home based on your specific budget and style needs. No matter what style you need, we’ve got you covered. Contact us today to get started on your front entry way renovation.